Saturday, May 27, 2006

A Letter to Sep Galeva (Lake Murray's Che Guevera)



Dear Sep,
Thank you very much for welcoming us in Lake Murray. It was indeed a priceless oppurtunity of a lifetime. The struggle of your people inspires me immensely, so much so that any attempt to retell your story would result in tears creeping out the corners of my eyes.

I was indeed sad to leave your community. I lament the fact that we had to leave Lake Murray... I'd do anything to stay, I'd even buy your joke that I've been expedited from my country and that I am welcomed to live in exile in Lake Murray. If only.

The plane carried us away with meloncholy in our hearts. The weather was clear but our hearts were turbulent. But then, as we rise above the clouds, I see a silver lining. I told myself that instead of feeling overtly sad at leaving, I should learn to be happy for being so extremely fortunate as to have experienced your wonderful community.

The latter seems difficult to do but was unfortunately necessary... life must go on. Goodbye Sep, I must go now... I can't promise you I'll return, but I can promise you that I'll try my level best to work towards returning to Lake Murray. Thanks for being a wonderful host, friend, provider, and most importantly of all... for being an inspiration.

There you have it, I usually don't write sappy letters, but fortunately (or unfortunately, I'm confused between the two) the beautiful people of your community deserves one from me. May our paths cross again. In the mean time, may the good Lord provide you and your community the strength and wisdom to further your cause to greater heights.

With much love and solidarity,
chi too.

No comments: