Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Four Days

One part of me feels that I am ready to go home. To face the realities of existence of living... to work, to deal with family and friends, and all the nitty gritty details of existence. To a certain extent I am looking forward to being home.

The other part however longs to stay here in Luang Phabang for as long as I can. As the week started I am begining to realize that this would be my last week here. The pangs of leaving slapped me in the face. I sip my coffee and wonder where the past 3 weeks have gone to, since every single day of those 3 weeks felt like they never moved at at all. In the slowness of time, it deceived me and zipped by without me noticing it. Further proof that time never runs in a continuum, but rather as collective moments moving in parallel simultaneously.

To make things worse, the two parts of me connected to each other and are running in opposite directions... with this going on, I fear 2 things might happen:
1) These force of these 2 parts running in 2 different directions might be so strong that they break free from each other. Each then running into oblivion in opposite ways.
2) The bond that holds these 2 parts are so strong that when they run so far apart, it becomes taut and could strech no more... the potential energy would ricochet these 2 parts and they'll crash into each other.

I don't know which is worse. 4 more days in Luang Phabang.

No comments: