Saturday, November 11, 2006

A Sneeze For Love



I've been on hiatus... sorry.
Wait a minute, I am not sorry.
There are times when words fail me.
Very often I can't tell you what I see.

Here's a post that have been sitting in my 'draft' folder from since before I went to Sarawak. Enjoy

Once again, I've failed to resist the temptation to visit the Paradise Forest weblog. Over the past couple of days, I've been yearning to sit on the bow of the banana boat as it skims above the tranquil surface of Lake Murray. Staring into an infinite horizon, soon, the incessant whir of the engine manned by Murray (the bestest boat driver in the world) begin to fade and blend with the silence of the atmosphere, interupted only by my thoughts... which I sometimes utter aloud. Shhh... it's so quiet, my thoughts seems so loud that I often find myself failing to distinguish between what is on my mind and what I speak... confusion sets in as I find myself uttering my deepest innermost thoughts and keeping to myself the things I ought to tell others. Shhhh.... I yearn once again for this solitude... to escape all that is full of shit since everything is so fucking absurd and the idiots that surrounds me are all useless and god why can't I just put all these people in a box and ship them to afghanistan maybe i should watch tv tonight maybe i should get some coffee oh I love you please don't leave me I promise I'll be good to you maybe yes maybe not maybe we can make things better again...

Opps... did I just think aloud? sorry, that wasn't meant for your eyes. Anyway, as I was looking at the Paradise Forest Weblog, I read this post by Grant Rosoman (GP forest campaigner)... It made my day, maybe it will do the same to you too...

A sneeze for love
Posted by Grant, forest solutions campaigner

A Melanesian custom that I've come across here at Lake Murray, in other parts of PNG and also in the Solomon Islands is: when you sneeze it means someone who loves you is thinking of you.

It's such a wonderful thought and feeling!

So I now welcome sneezes when they come, as they join me to my family who are far away from Lake Murray. I've encouraged everyone else at the GFRS to take this custom on board as well

No comments: