Sunday, November 11, 2007

Project Pinhilio - Update # 2



Hai adik-adik,

Woohey, the Pinholio is really taking shape now. If you look at the above picture, note the left, right, and front outer shells are glued together already and the film mask is lined with felt. On top of that (or rather, on the side), sitting on its side is the film holder that also doubles up as the back of the camera. How this works is that I'll place a piece of sheet film on the inside of the film holder, and then just snug it in nicely in the back of the camera. It's as simple as that.



And voila, the pinhole. Over the weekend, I've successfully sourced a piece of copper sheet that's about 0.015 mm thick. In the course of that, I stupidly cut my finger while inspecting the copper sheet. Had no idea the edges were that sharp. That little piece of squarish looking thing... well, that's gonna be the shutter that covers the pinhole. I'll device a hinge and knob system to open up the shutter when I want to expose an image.

All in all, everything seems to be going ridiculously smooth. However, last night, I received an epiphany in my dream. What about a tripod mount? Well, what about a tripod mount? I'll think about it.

No comments: