Wednesday, September 20, 2006

sad is...

watching a monologue in mono about mononess.
(read... watching a monologue about staying single; by myself)

It's a Wednesday night. The clock reads 8 pm and I have nothing to do for the night. I read Lainie's blog. She wrote about this play she watched called 'Gadis Jalan Burmah'... bla bla bla ha ha ha. At the end of her blog entry, she says that it runs until this saturday everynite, 8:30 pm at DBP theatre.

I look at my clock...

8:10 pm.

DBP is 10 mins away, my night is expected to be bursting at its seam with boredom... and it'll only cost 17 ringgit if I misuse my 'student card'.

Kartini Shuib celebrates her 42nd birthday and is in the midst of baking her own birthday cake. Her mom passes her a man's business card. While contemplating calling this man for a date she revisit memories of ex boyfriends, dodges her mom's accusations of being lesbian, and chain smokes. As much a joke her cake's recipe is, all the above elements make one fucking hillarious monologue.

It is funny alright... but somehow, somewhere between the start and the end it got kinda scary actually. It feels like I was looking into some sort of a primordial looking glass into the future of how life in mono may turn out for me... sure I'm not 42, but like the monologue says 'the clock is ticking'.

tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock.

Oh no! the tick tock monster strikes again.

No comments: