Thursday, July 19, 2007

Woe To Me! Woe To Me! Woot! Woot!

Hey kawan-kawan, here is a letter of complaint I sent to the editors of various newspapers after being pissed at the tour agent that was supply me with my festival tickets for the Rainforest World Music Festival...

MISSING THE RAINFOREST MUSIC FESTIVAL

Dear Editor,

I really should be enjoying myself at the Sarawak Rainforest Music Festival, but unfortunately I am typing this e-mail from my hotel lobby.

We booked our tour package for the festival through Cat City Holiday. We were promised that our tickets would be available during check in at the hotel. However, through a slip up by the tour agency, our tickets ended up being stuck with a guide at the airport. Despite repeated appeals to have our tickets sent over, we are still denied of our tickets.

What's even more frustrating is Cat City's attitude at dealing with the situation. They refused to accept any responsibility and on a couple of occasion rudely walked away while we were still in discussion.

It is now 7.30 in the evening and the concert have already started. We have paid in full and spent over a thousand ringgit for the 3 day package,yet we have missed the day's workshops and will be missing part of the night's concert.

This would be my first and last time dealing with Cat City Holiday. Not only have they failed to deliver their promises, their rude customer service leaves little to be desired. I urge future festival goers to book directly from festival organizers or through other agencies.

Sincerely,
chi too & (Name Withheld)


Of course, the letter was never published (as expected), but since I am not some sneaky cheap ass... I also CCed a copy of this email to Cat City Holiday.

Lo and behold, within 36 hours of me hitting the 'send' button, Cat City began this major PR exercise in telling everyone (the media that was there at the festival) that this was all full of shit and we had no right to complain... all this before the letter was even published (and probably will never be published). Talk about having a public relations strategy. Woooheey...

And to add Bananarama to the drama, they began to threaten my friends about having their lawyers write a letter to the editors exposing their names to prove that I am not in the guest list, therefore I actually have no right to complain, unless if I write to the editors within 72 hours telling how sorry I am for complaining when I really am not allowed to (according to them).

I really couldn't be bothered to write back, since it was pretty obvious that the company sucks at dealing with such situations and is merely using intimidation tactics... and since they are freaking my friends out (strangely the company refuses to talk to me and is communicating their messages through my friends...I wonder why), I decided to write the letter anyway... it goes like this (once again, my bowels stand a better chance of seeing the light of day than this letter does):

I REALLY HAD NO RIGHT TO COMPLAIN. WOE TO ME!

Dear Editors,

I am writing to you in regard to a letter I wrote to you entitled 'Missing The Rainforest World Music Festival'. It is regretful that
Cat City Holidays is now demanding an apology from me as a result of the above mentioned e-mail.

I apologize for naively believing in the fact that I am a 'legal' consumer since I was not the one who purchased the tickets, neither was my name in the guest list of the package. In this case, I am merely a grieving party who did not understand Cat City Holiday's rigid policies (which I understand is essential for a festival as such) and have acted rashly in response to it.I shall from here on limit my understanding and beliefs as a consumer with rights according to all fine prints, policies, and caveat emptors (no matter how fine they may be) as set by all my future vendors and service providers that I shall be dealing (either directly or indirectly) with.

I also apologize that I have practised my rights as a 'consumer' and thus arousing much anxiety to Cat City Holidays. Through my actions, I have caused them to waste much productive time in their efforts in clarifying matters to the media (and wanting me to clarify things to the media) despite the fact that my letter was not (and probably will never be) published in the first place.

On top of everything, most importantly. I would like to apologize to you, the editors whom I've sent this letter to for wasting your precious time in reading my previous e-mail. It is regrettable that you should have spent your time and attention on such petty matters.

Sincerely,
chi too

No comments: