Friday, August 17, 2007

Not In My Name

“The offence was not against the Prime Minister or ministers concerned but against the nation,” Nazri told reporters...

-extracted form The Star, August 17 2007-

Sorry Nazri, in no way was I offended by the Namewee's Negarakuku clip. Not only that, I feel that this is a necessary piece of work that would help shape the maturity of the nation (which, given the current manner the government is handling this issue, is obviously lacking... not so much the people of this nation, but the powers to be)

So please, don't use my existence in vain... I will, under no circumstance allow myself to be involved in your petty politikus. Please count me out. If anything, I am offended by your claims of me (being part of the nation) being offended by Namewee.

Unless of course, you, Mr. Internal Security Minister do not consider me as part of the nation.

Oh sorry, I forgot. In Malaysia, my citizenship is a privelege, not a right. How naive of me to think otherwise.

No comments: