Monday, August 07, 2006

Apa Dah Jadi?

I've been away for a week... Unfortunately in Chagar Hutang there is no newspapers, no internet, nothing... even me and honey star's smoke signals don't work. I returned home reading news of events that have brewed around the country and the world with no idea of what the hell actually happened.

For starters, Khairy Jamaluddin, whom I affectionately address as KJ says he'll step down if he needs to. It would be quite nice if he does... though I have no idea why he needs to step down... All I know is that this is the dude who get police permits to organize unpeaceful peace demonstrations. UMNO mah, what to do...fucker (said in a very 'ah beng' tone). Well, he gets to burn flags, force his way through police barricades, and do whatever the fuck he wants to, and no cop would dare to lay a baton on him. Unlike old farts like Mahathir who gets peppered in the eye for no reason... ahh, savouring the moment. So much for peace demos when all you do is create more enemies. Well, I reckon there are perks in being the Prime Minister's son in law.

Secondly, RELA members apparently torched an Achenese refugee settlement after treating them in a high handed manner... like what the hell. Mind you, these are UNHCR refugees with proper papers... gila babi. Which reminds me of a brief encounter with a certain member of this pseudo-militia band of rag tag civilians. I was at a gig organised by CIJ at Central Market... I was watching Peter Hassan Brown from a comfortable distance where roght next to me was a RELA personnel managing pedestrian traffic at the entrance... Basically all he did was to wield his baton and tell people to not to block the entrance to CM. Of course, he was weilding his baton proudly and was being a complete jackass at it. I'm like... do you really need someone to make sure no body blocks an entrance? I think they should be put to better use... make them put new coats of paints on orphanages, or pick up trash on sidewalks, or whatever... at least have them serve some purpose in society. So I approached him and asked him with much audacity... "Excuse me, I'm just wondering... what does it take to be a RELA member yeah?" he looked at me and turned away. And from that I learned that stupidity is the most critical requirement. In my opinions, I think these bunch of fuckers need to be disbanded.

You may realize that I am fucking using a lot of fucking profanity today... What the fuck? Well, that would have to do with my third fucking discovery upon my return. Apparently Jeff Ooi pissed someone off in his blog and there are talk about the internet, especially blogs being regulated and censored. Well, fuck you, you can fucking censor this. Some parties claim that although freedom of expression is important, one must learn to be mature about what to put up in a blog as to not to incite hatred and dissident among the population. In my opinions, readers need to exercise maturity and choose what they want to read about instead of complaining about all this trash that's on the internet. Censor your own intake of media and information and leave us content creators to ourselves. It appears to me that there is a lack of maturity among the users and creators of content in this country are unable to disagree with civility on things that they don't agree with. I think people need to learn to agree to disagree. So what, if I tell you now to go shoot KJ, RELA members, and those who wants internet censorship... would you do so. OK.. not if, I'm telling you now to go shoot them. Are you going to shoot them? I doubt it. But if I read in the news some time in the future that these people got shot, should I be held responsible. Fuck... If you don't like my blog, go read someone else's blog.

After a one week absence, it seems like I had a lot to bitch about. Well... You've read this far, congratulations. Now if you can enlightened me on what exactly happened from 30th july to 6th august, I'll buy you a drink.

thankyouverymuchyou'refartookind.

No comments: