Tuesday, August 29, 2006

The Merdeka Series: I'm Lovin' It

I had a nightmare the other night. I dreamt I was a Hindu trapped in a lrt and the walls of the lrt are real juicy beef burger patties, fresh vegie, crispy fries and soft soft buns. To escape, I have to eat my way out... I was eating and eating and eating and suddenly I was this huge obese dude (though i am quite close to it anyway) crawling out the lrt tracks .... :(



Wait a minute, it is not a dream after all. These LRTS are for real. And they are right here in multi-cultural Malaysia where our leaders constantly reminds us to be sensitive, and to respect each other's culture and religion.



Oh I forgot. This reminder applies only to those of us Bangsa Asing people. It is therefore our responsibility as an alien race to be respectful of the national religion. So even if it is insensitive to Hindus, it is alright. Just as long as we don't offend our Muslim friends.



Of course, I am thankful that I have the freedom to practise whatever religion I choose to (unless if I am Malay which makes me a Muslim automatically... though I'm not too sure by whose powers) and the constitution guarantees that all religions are equal.



But then again... here in Malaysia, all is equal... but some are more equal than others.

Malaysia... I'm lovin' it.

note: photos provided by Honeystar.
re-note: first paragraph plagarised off Honeystar with permission.
re-re-note: despite providing me with photos and permission to plagarise, Honeystar do not necessary subscribe (and probably not at all) to my politiks. She is a very nice person who so happens to have a bad friend like me.
re-re-re-note: honeystar... pinky promise.

1 comment:

lainieyeoh said...

rafil's responsible for most of the "wtf" emails i have in my inbox. heh.

yeah that train is dreadful isn't it? I think effa and i were stuck inside the same one. the pictures aren't the only thing, before every stop, there's a personalised announcement for each station that goes something like "You are approaching blabla station, only FIVE MINUTES walk away from Mcdonalds, where you can enjoy a delicious beef foldover" etc. and after you leave the station it goes "Oh no, you have missed the opportunity to enjoy the blablabla".

I felt like committing random acts of violence in the train after a minute. sat across from a woman who looked hindu, and veeeery uncomfortable. stupid mcdonalds.