Friday, June 16, 2006

Are Lizards Religious?

It's a friday and I am bored as hell... It's absurd that I should be blogging at this time of the week. But then again, It's not like I usually have a life anyway. It's just that being the World Cup season, I've become a football widow, and worse of all... I've lost telly priveleges since football reigns supreme for the inhabitants in my house.

And to make matters worse, I am about to impose on you a completely irrerevent question... Do lizards pray?

A couple of nights ago, in the midst of my intelligent conversations with my sister (which topics range from the absurd to the ethereal); She suggested that I wake up at 6 AM in the morning to witness a extraordinary event...

The day before, her domestic helper, Anna (who takes care of baby Chloe) pointed out to her that at exactly 6 AM in the morning, lizards come to the ground. Even the ones that are on the ceiling would just drop themselves to the ground when the little hand strikes six. Why would they come down to the ground? According to Anna, in Philipines it is believed that lizards come to kiss the ground and pray.

She wanted me to wake up at 6 AM the next day to see if it's true. I love my sister very much, but sometimes I like to draw the line of that love between the platonic and the incestous (though a lot of my friends claim that between me and my sister, this line is very fine... and sometimes, perforated), so I really couldn't be bothered with waking up at such an absurd hour to have lizards fall on my head.

You may asks 'why don't she just do it herself then?'. Good question. For those of you who do not know, my sister has got an extremely chronic (almost clinical) fear of reptiles and amphibians. When i say a chronic fear, I don't only mean that she screams hysterically at the sight of a lizard or frog, but also at the image of a lizard, frog, or snake in print or on the telly. It is so chronic that she actually gets freaked out by 'kermit the frog'. No, that last sentence was not a joke.

So, since I am not going to wake up at 6 AM in the morning. I would like you. Yes... you... my felllow readers to wake up at 6 AM in the morning to see if lizards actually come down to kiss the ground and pray. And if you do, please do not hesitate to email me your findigs at 19sempilai@gmail.com. I will then forward the emails to my sister.

Your participation in this research will be gratefully appreciated.




Since putting up a photo of a lizard would completely freak my sister out, I decided against putting up a photo of Kermit the Frog. And since it is always nice to include a photo with a blog entry, here's a photo of my sister with baby Chloe.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi I was searching for some information on Aquariums - some tips and Tricks and sites which have great resources and came across yours.
Great site - I will bookmark it !

Thanks
http://hckpublishing.com/aquarium/

Collecting Moments said...

bastard lizard