Saturday, June 24, 2006

A Super Groovy Fantastic Euphoric, Almost Cosmic Orgasmic Day

"Perplexed", that's my new favourite word. My trusty Little Oxford Dictionary defines it as...

perplex /insert romanised pronounciaton guide here/ v.t. bewilder, puzzle; complicate, tangle. perplexity n.

There's a definition. Heres how I will put this word into use...

After picking up my brand new Macbook (I feel like such a geek now that I have a laptop) at Midvalley Megamall, me and my dear sister decided to get some yummy cream puffs to go at this little kiosk that goes by the name "Papa Beard".

Papa Beard sells nothing but cream puffs, and according to my sister, they're killer cream puffs. Well, they look killer to me. They've got this machine that basically penetrates a puff pastry with a shiny silver proboscis and injects it with a white creamy substance. They look super yummy (And I found out later that they are super yummy. But I'm not here to tell you about how yummy it is. This is not a food blog. If you want a food blog, visit Honeystar's blog... a dear friend of mine. PS: PY, maybe you can write about it) and since I was so hungry, They packed one separate for me. The other 5 were placed in a nice cardboard box that you can carry around.

As I dug into my first bite, horror struck when I saw how the cashier placed that box in a plastic bag. I became perplexed. Why would someone put a cardboard box packaging that was designed to be carried with ease, in a plastic bag... Worse, the plastic bag looks horrible (don't they all). Why would anyone want to compromise on style. I became even more perplexed.

Allow me to explain why I was 'perplexed', when I would usually be 'pissed off' when I see such atrocities.

That morning, while I was online, my most favouritest New Zealander in the world (though I only know 2 NZers), Tia, asked me a very rare question... "Are you happy today?", to which I answered "I'm esctatic", though I'm not exactly... I further added.
"Almost euphroric
Why....
Simply because you asked me"
which she replied
"Wow it sounds orgasmic."
"It is very rare to have someone ask 'are you happy today?'
Now that you have, I will make it a point to make today a super groovy fantastic euphoric, almost cosmic orgasmic day.
How about you...are you happy today?"

There you go, that explains why I'm 'perplexed' instead of 'pissed off'. Besides one can't break his/her word with a New Zelander... especially not with Maoris.

I then told the cashier to please remove the box from that horrid bag... A string of questions follow my perplexity...
me: why do you still put the box in a plastic bag? This box has a nice handle that you can carry (I gesture at the box)
cashier: (looks at me blankly)
me: why?
cashier: our manager told us to.
sister: Its just their standard operating procedure...
me: but it's pointless to have a box like this if they're still gonna put it in a bag.
cashier: have a nice day (hands me box).
sister: Excuse my brother, he's an "environmentalist".

I can almost see her wiggle her fingers 'quote, unquote' when she said 'environmentalist', but she didn't.

me: i think you should tell your manager that a customer thought that it is really stupid to still put the box in a plastic bag.
cashier: OK
me: have a fantastic day ahead.

I could have said "have a super groovy fantastic euphoric, almost cosmic orgasmic day" to her... but it would have sounded wrong. Instead, I went ahead and had one myself... and my day was exactly like that....

here's to a super groovy fantastic euphoric, almost cosmic orgasmic day.

No comments: