Thursday, June 08, 2006

The Infinite Porky Delight...

I was at the market today...
The lady at the stall gave me 'that look' as I presented her with a small carrot and a little bit of coriander.
We go through this routine over and over again everytime i buy from her stall. "Why do you bother cooking for yourself... just go to the restaurant and take away." she'll advise me.
I'll say 'maybe you're right...' and changes the subject.

I paid 40 cents (about usd 10cents) for my carrot and coriander and left. It's absurd, but having the luxury of cooking my own lunches makes me feel good.

Here's the recipe for...

PORKY PASTA DELIGHT!
(serves yourself and a friend)

What?

200 gms pasta (any kind... linguine's my favourite)
100 gms minced pork
4 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
1 whole onion (diced)
1 tomato (diced)
1 small carrot (diced)
1 small potato (diced)
1 stalk coriander (finely chopped)
100 gms tomato puree
oil, salt, & black pepper

How?

1) Rub some salt and pepper into minced meat and let it sit for 10 minutes
2) Boil carrots and potatoes in a pot until soft (but not too soft... unless if you plan to feed this to a baby)
3) Cook pasta (Do I need to teach you how to do this?)
4) In another hot wok/pan/pot (depends on where you're from), add oil and saute garlic until before it changes colour.
5) Chuck in minced pork... Toss until pork is completely cooked.
6) Chuck in onions and tomatoes, toss it for a bit (say 5 seconds).
7) Add tomato puree and some water.
8) Keep stiring until it comes to a boil..
8) then chuck in the coriander. Add some salt and pepper to season.
9) Let it cook for a bit more...
10) Pour it on cooked pasta and put on some fine music in the CD player.

Bon apetit!

ps: if for some reason your religion/beliefs/bowels/ideology doesn't permit the consumption of PORK (the best meat in the entire universe), then it is alright to use minced beef instead. Or, if you're vegetarian... the pork can be replaced with smashed tofu (with a bit of flour to hold it together).

pps: PORK rules!

No comments: