Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Revisiting Pulp Fiction!

I revisited Pulp Fiction today... what lead me to do such a thing? Well, allow me to retrace exactly how I got to this moment.

Late mid April, I was stuck in the Greenpeace office in Papua New Guinea (which drove me mad) and among the Audio CDs available for my listening pleasure (which was indeed pleasurable) was the Pulp Fiction OST that belongs to Simon. I popped it in for the first time, and like they say 'once you pop, you can't stop'. I listed the CD in my notebook under the page that says 'Music To Look Out For'.

Mid May, I return home to Kuala Lumpur on the lookout for the Pulp Fiction OST CD. Went to my favourite pirates... not available. Went to my favourite CD stores... still not available. I resorted to downloading the songs off Limewire... I quit after a few songs given the high quality internet broadband connection provided by the country's telco monopoly.

Early June... Nichole gave me a private lesson on how to use BitTorrent (and I'm not adding 'if you know what I mean', It is exactly what I said it is). Not only was I able to download one song at a time... I managed to download the entire album...at one go (that's what I call technology), though it took quite some time. I began listening to it on my iTunes incessantly.

Today... I decided to watch the film again. I looked through my old VCD collection and it was sitting there. Along with that there was also Ken's AliG stuff, Ritchie's Chicago, Cath's Kill Bill, and some VCDs which I believe belongs to Quinn. Well, I really do mean to return them... but then again, there's always tomorrow. I watched the film and I laughed my ass off. Or rather (in true Pulp Fiction style), I fucking laughed my bloody ass off. Well, I don't think Tarantino would have written 'bloody', but I reckon if it was shot in the UK, the characters would say 'bloody'... a lot.

It had one of the best openings a movie can ever have....

Honey Bunny : I love you...
Pumpkin : I love you Honey Bunny.
(kisses each other and stands on top of the table)
Pumpkin : Everybody be cool, this is a robbery.
Honey Bunny : Any of you fucking pricks move, and I'll execute every motherfucking last one of you.



Tada da da daa daa daa da daaa (sang to the tune of 'Misirlou')

No comments: