Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Un/Real



Believe in your dreams, and I don't mean 'dreams' as in the kind where you aspire to do or be something. No, not that crap.

I'm talking about the dreams that comes creeping into your head univited while your eyelids come together and sends your body into temporary slumber...

Shhhh... shhhh.... be very quiet or you'll wake me up.

Please be quiet... I don't want to wake up. Given a choice I'd like to lull in eternal slumber. My real life is such a nightmare, I often confuse my waking and moments of slumber.

Shhhh... shhhh.... be very quiet or you'll send me to sleep.

But then again... If you're going to be very noisy, maybe I'll wake up from this nightmare.

Maybe we've been wrong all this while... maybe the real world lies in our dreams, and what we live in is a perpetual dream (or for some of us, a perpetual nightmare). Have we grown so attached to this dream that we embrace this as reality? Maybe the real world begins only when we fall asleep... In which case, the process of falling alseep is actually waking up to reality.

Make some noise... I want to wake up now. Or in your feeble understanding of the truth... I want to fall asleep now...

I want to sleep eternally.

To wake up.

shhhhh....

No comments: